Corporate Values & Principles
IOD will propagate and promote the following among its membership:
- Professionalism—aiming at the highest degree of competence and
proficiency in the execution of all our undertakings as leaders of our
organizations. At a personal level, a commitment to continuous learning towards continuing improvement in ones knowledge and practice in the directing of enterprises.
- Integrity—which lies at the core of leadership and is characterized by honesty, truthfulness and straight forward dealing with every person under all circumstances.
ability to act boldly in the face of setbacks and adversity. Winston Churchill said ‘courage is rightly considered the foremost of virtues for upon it all others depend’.
- Accountability—the readiness by the leadership to be held to account and to give an account of the stewardship of the resources of the enterprise.
- Transparency—ensuring that the organizations we lead are open about their activities, they comply with all relevant laws and regulations, and that they meet the information needs of their stakeholders.
- Fairness and justice—treating all the stakeholders of our organizations including employees, clients, suppliers, creditors, shareholders and local communities reasonably and justly.
- Responsibility — providing leadership that is capable, competent, responsive and fully conscious of its obligations.
- Probity—ensuring that the undertakings of our organizations are honest and have integrity.
tolerance to corruption—a commitment to create a working environment hostile to corruption and dealing firmly with and eliminating all incidents of corruption and bribery in the organizations we lead.
- Social Responsibility—ensuring that the organizations we lead are sensitive to and do respond to the needs of society.
sustainable practices—leadership is mindful of its obligations to preserve and safeguard the environment as it pursues its economic endeavors.
- Diversity—acknowledging and optimizing on the variety, multiplicity and dynamism of our peoples and communities.